What Is A Cohesive Program?
A cohesive program provides context through the required curriculum taught to the student. In a series of blog posts on this website about how to pick your curriculum, we discuss why we use Core Knowledge as the basis for our curriculum. Educational excellence requires a coherent, cumulative, knowledge-based curriculum with the Arts. Some of the benefits to the student are:
* Connection across subjects and building on previous knowledge.
* Provides a coherent plan for learning that builds cumulatively from grade to grade.
* Helps in building strong foundations of knowledge for success in high school and beyond.
* Creating a common focus that promotes teamwork and collaboration.
* Provides steady growth in the skill sets taught over time.
Through our program’s non-traditional approach to “school”, we enhance strictly academic learning by exploring each student’s passions and interests while building skills over time.