For many as they choose to homeschool, their first concern is about curriculum. We want to encourage you to look at the big picture and see what you really want from your educational journey with your student and know that you are not alone.
Through our Master Parent Teacher Series, Our Team, will come together to teach and support the parent. Starting in the fall 2016, we will do a series of hands-on workshops and online meetings to help build the Master Parent Teacher.
We plan to walk with you through whichever program you choose so that as a parent, you will help your child build competence to¹:
- Be a Skillful Planner – Plan activities and experiences that support young people’s growth and development.
- Be a Personal Trainer – Choose and facilitate experiences that build young people’s abilities.
- Be Strengths-Based – Recognize, draw out and build upon young people’s strengths.
- Empower the Young Person – Nurture young people’s sense of self and independence.
- Facilitate Personal Mastery of Skill sets and Mindsets – Provide the space and time young people need to observe, develop, and demonstrate skill sets and mindsets.
- Make Real World Connections – Show young people how activities and experiences connect to the real world.
In order to be informed and stay up to date on the process, sign up for our email list and check that you are interested in this professional development.