Join us along with our community partner, Chuck Jones Creativity Center, in the classroom. Chuck Jones is the famous artist known for creating many of the Looney Tunes cartoon characters, such as Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Porky Pig, Roadrunner and the Wile E. Coyote.
In our Arts Teach Program, we will be introducing and expanding on our knowledge of storytelling by learning Cartooning techniques for building our characters and story. Through this experience, we will learn and grow in our math and language arts skills by developing our knowledge of:
- Shapes and Shape language
- Character grouping and Contrasting of characters
- Expressions and Posing
- Staging a scene and Composition
We will finish up by bringing our characters to life through animation techniques. Click here for full outline
- JUNIOR MAKER course – An introduction to techniques, formulas and tools for enhancing visualization.
1. Shape Building: Combine shapes to create complex objects.
2. One Point Linear Perspective: Give drawings the illusion of being 3D.
3. Scale and Proportion: Enlarge drawings using the grid method. We will be painting the parking lot spaces at OCMD.
4. Plotting with a Protractor: Use math for creative design.
5. Simple Machines: Create a chain reaction.
6. Conversion: Turn a 2D drawing into a 3D object.
7. Two Point Linear Perspective: Advanced linear perspective
8. Kinetic art – wire mobile
There will be much more included as we head into learning about simple machines, bringing the science and math together for your student into practical applications. Click here for the full outline